+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ways to Help Tornado Victims

Default Ways to Help Tornado Victims

Quote Originally Posted by mjcatc View Post
    The University of Alabama Athletic Training was directly impacted by the tornado on Wednesday in Tuscaloosa; two ATSs & 4 GAs lost everything. The ATEP established a gift account to which you can donate if you are interested in supporting them in restoring/replacing.

To assist the ATEP GAs and ATSs, please make checks to The University of Alabama & CLEARLY indicate Athletic Training Gift Account in the memo/message area to Deidre Leaver-Dunn (Box 870311 Tuscaloosa AL 35487-0311) or Jeff Allen (Box 870393 Tuscaloosa AL 35487-0393).

The NATA has also set up a web page that you can visit for more information.

NATA Cares

It will be updated soon with information on how to help victims in Joplin, Missouri. If you have any information, please post below!
    Carissa L. Spraberry,M.Ed., ATC, LAT
    Head Athletic Trainer
    Tomball Memorial High School
    carissaspraberry @ gmail . com

Default Joplin, Missouri

According to the NATA Membership Directory, there are 9 NATA members in Joplin, MO.

There is a university-Missouri Southern State University in Joplin that lists 5 athletic trainers in it's directory.

Additionally, Joplin High School and Freeman Hospital and Health Systems employ athletic trainers.

If you know any of these individuals and are aware of any needs they may have please post here.

Additionally, if you are in or near Missouri and would like to volunteer your skills, please visit ShowMeResponse.org
    Last edited by cspraberryatc; 05-23-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Head Athletic Trainer

I use to work for Freeman Hospital in Joplin.

I have talked with several of the athletic trainers there and they are fine. Just dealing with the disaster. I have not heard from the St. John's athletic trainers or the MSSU. As soon as I hear I will post more on here.
    Andy Wilkinson, MS, ATC
    Springfield MO

Quote Originally Posted by AWilkinson View Post
    I use to work for Freeman Hospital in Joplin.

I have talked with several of the athletic trainers there and they are fine. Just dealing with the disaster. I have not heard from the St. John's athletic trainers or the MSSU. As soon as I hear I will post more on here.
    Thank you for the update! Please let us know if there are any needs they have.
    Head Athletic Trainer

Default Joplin Missouri tornado relief

As all of you know by now a large tornado ripped through Joplin, Missouri on Sunday evening, leaving a trail of utter devastation in its path. There are large parts of the city that are now completely gone. After speaking to several of our members that work and live in Joplin at this time we believe none of our members died. We are still attempting to contact several more since there are over 30 members in Joplin and telecommunications is poor at this time. Several of our members have lost their homes. In an effort to provide assistance to help or members as well as the community, they are asking for you to donate to the following:

Joplin Recovery Facebook Recovery Page

American Red Cross Donations

Go to http://www.nata.org/nata-cares/tornado-relief to see how you help an athletic trainer in need in Joplin. This web page was set up for the tornado in Alabama and now will be used for this event, too. The Missouri Athletic Trainers Association is collecting supplies to restock the Athletic Training Room at Joplin HS.

As Athletic Trainers, we spend a great deal of time caring for others, now some of our own need our help. Many thanks, and please keep those in Joplin, MO in your thoughts as they work through this difficult time.

Eric

Eric McDonnell, MEd,ATC,LAT
    Athletic Trainer
    University of Missouri
    100 Mizzou Athletics Training Complex
    Columbia, MO. 65211

+ Reply to Thread